Sunday, May 10, 2015

Flea Market Visit

Richard and I went to the Milton Flea Market today.  We weren't looking for anything in particular, we just like to go look around.  We seldom buy anything, but Richard bought a fried pie from an Amish vendor (he hated it!) and I bought a gauze dress to wear in the hot summer.  It is tie-dyed in many colors.  It is a simple design that really just hangs from the shoulders.  I can easily take a pattern from it and make many more.  I have already gone thru my fabric stash (mentally) and picked out a couple of yardages to copy the dress.

I also saw these three sewing machines.  I don't have space to collect any more machines but if I run across a Singer Featherweight I will buy it in a minute!  My friend Debbie wants one too.  None of these machines were locked up but the throatplace was missing on the back Singer.  I prefer my computerized machines.

I didn't bother checking the prices on the two treadle machines but the Kenmore was $150 and included the sewing table and chair.  I would never have paid that.

No comments:

Post a Comment