Monday, August 25, 2014

Surgery

I had a thyroid lobectomy this morning.  They did not find cancer, so far, so they removed the right side and left the left side.  I had a nodule and a goiter.  They will still be checking the right side for cancer the next couple of days and if they find any I will have to go back in and let them remove the rest of the thyroid immediately, before it all heals up.  I was told I would most likely spend the night in the hospital but they let me out about five o'clock.  When I got home I went straight to bed and slept until eight.  It is now 10:40 and I am on my way back to bed.  My throat is somewhat sore but I have been able to swallow soft foods today.  I am also hoarse.  I have not needed any pain meds so far.  Richard stayed right there with me all day, all he ate was an apple.  I'm sure he was starved.  He is taking very good care of me, fixed me some Beefaroni for supper.  I am truly grateful for all the prayers sent up for me.  I'm sure that's what made the results so good. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that it all went so good so far, Will continue to say prayers for you. Debbie let me know. So Good Luck hope all the results are positive.
    Love Diane

    ReplyDelete